Saturday, November 3, 2018

Priyanka Chopra's Guide to SkincareLittle Black BookHarper's BAZAAR



Hey guys! I'm Priyanka Chopra and I'm going to be taking you through my whole life. Now I've been in the beauty business for a while. I've been in beauty pageants. I have done about 50 movies.

In this series, I'll be opening up my little black book to share wiht you all the people and practices that help me live a beautiful life. You'll be meeting the people that are closest to me and actually, you'll see a lot about my life. Subscribe to the BAZAAR channel so you don't miss an episode. My mom is the most important person in my little black book.

Since she was a little girl she always took care of her skin and made me realize since I was a little girl the importance of it, of course. When you're young, you don't listen as much but as I grew older I realized how much these little tricks and amazing secrets that she had were integral to my skin and we're going to do a DIY little secret recipe that my mom taught me for your skin. As a teenager, I had a lot of self esteem issues. I was very concerned about how I looked.

I didn't feel beautiful. I felt like- And tomboy on top of that. A tomboy. Tomboy.

You were climbing up trees, climbing up walls- I knew I was- I knew I attracted attention when I was in high school. And why would that be? Not because I was beautiful No! Because I walked like different and my hair bounced. I found tricks. I never thought I was beautiful.

I think that happened to me in my late 20's actually. It took me that long, I'm not kidding. Well you didn't really probably but the world knew it. I knew it.

You changed when you went to the US at thirteen you were this gawky.. ..Skinny thing. And when I met you at sixteen you had meta morphed into something amazing, you were so beautiful I didn't recognize you at the airport myself. When I went into the whole pageant thing and for the first time they put foundation on my face.

When you came home and just washed off your face with soap I said, "The make up hasn't come off yet." Your pores were like crying, like clogged. You must clean your skin very very well before going to bed. I mean, that's when your skin is breathing. I'm usually traveling all around the world and you know whatever problems I might be having on my skin she is incredible! She knows how to have quick fixes for your skin especially when it's troubled.

Let's talk about like cleaning out the skin I use organic coconut oil which is amazing. That's great right? It gets like little oily and warm. Keep on the face for like- a couple of minutes. And then take like a moist hand towel and put that in hot water and then once its moist just rub it against your skin gently like that and it exfoliates and hydrates at the same time.

And that just takes off all your make up and that like really helped with my dry skin. And when you go to bed your pores say, "ahhhh.. Thank you." I was shooting a movie in Mauritius and the sun is so harsh and I remember I got completely burned because I was shooting everyday on the beach and my make up artist was struggling because my skin color would change every hour I think. And I was burning and I was peeling everywhere And I remember my mom made this like mask.

I think Ubtan is one of my favorite fixes. Do you think we could make it in the kitchen and show it to them This is the flour. It has to be whole wheat. Whole wheat flour.

It help to work as an exfoliator. If you want it just for the face; two spoonfuls. A pinch of turmeric. So you take some lime.

A few drops of lime juice. And then we add yogurt to it and the yogurt has to be full cream. What should the consistency be like? Turn it into a paste. If it's too dry, put in the rose water.

And that'll.. Yeah, it's too dry. And here we go! That's the paste. This is Ubtan.

And that like the consistency of it. And in about 15-20 minutes It becomes like a mask, it dries up. And then what you have to do is rub it a bit as its drying to remove it. It comes off when it's dry.

I love being your demo model. And so this process takes those little fine hairs off. It takes the fine, dirty skin off. I feel like I really need to do this tonight.

I may not have done it for a really long time. I feel like you have all of these tricks but like these passed down you know through generations of Indian women because it's such a an old culture. You also had like this amazing homemade lip scrub. Rose water and sugar.

So simple. That's all. You might even put rose petals if you want the pink to be in there. If you want to be like Cleopatra.

Just a few rose petals. Just scrub it on your mouth. All the dead skin goes away. And your lips are pink and plush.

Because of the sugar you get that plump. Ohhhh so the sugar gives it like a- It's hydroscopic so it pulls the fluid out and your lips go pop. She's a doctor. Oh dear.

Just today my stylist was like getting me into my shirt and she was like "Oh you have such soft skin." And I was like really? I love oiling my body in general. I feel like you know people take care of their faces so much we forget the rest of it. But like at night, it takes five minutes and you still use it? I use it all the time. So what are the other thing I may have turned you on to Some make up tricks.

Like? Don't do eyes and mouth together. Don't look like a Christmas tree when you- Absolutely. How to get that put on glow. Yeah, what is that? How do you get that? Do you want me to say it? No, I don't want you to say it.

Okay, so I'm definitely putting this on my face today. Do you want to try it with me? Yeah we can both do it and watch a film. Mask, movie, and Vino. That sounds like a good date night mom.

Cheers to that..

Priyanka Chopra's Guide to SkincareLittle Black BookHarper's BAZAAR

No comments:

Post a Comment