Friday, November 16, 2018

Skincare & Haircare Tips from Demi Lovato's Beauty Team



Hi, I'm Jill Powell. I'm Demi Lovato's
makeup artist, and today I'm here
with Ulta Beauty, to show you
my tips and tricks on how to achieve
and maintain beautiful skin. I'm here with
my lovely model Natalie. Let's get started.

Many of you
probably already have your own skin care routines,
and that's amazing. If you don't, make sure you're washing your face
morning and night. Always use a sunscreen
every single day. You want to make sure
you moisturize, and I want to make sure
you're also exfoliating twice a week,
so that's these guys.

And definitely use eye cream to prevent wrinkles
around your eyes. Now if you want to know
how to achieve celebrity skin, I've got some tips for you. <I> One new trend
is sheet masks,</i> <i> and I hope that this trend
is around to stay.</I> This one is
Peter Thomas Roth, Un-Wrinkle 24K Gold
Sheet Mask and it's amazing
for hydration and really plumping
your skin. So you just apply
it directly onto the skin, and let it sit there
for 15 minutes, and it does
all the magic for you.

And when you're done,
gently peel away. You'll have a little bit
of serum left on your face, and just massage that
into the skin. After you've had your spa-like
treatment with the sheet mask, I love to use
a moisture serum. What I like about these is that they're concentrated
and full of nutrients, and they absorb well
into the skin.

And last but not least, don't forget
to take care of your lips. I love to use a lip scrub. This is basically
a sugar scrub that you can use to exfoliate any dead skin
off of your lips. And this one smells
really good.

Another tip is
to use a toothbrush to massage the sugar
into the lips and really add
some exfoliation. And now I'm going to introduce
you to my good friend, Nick Stenson, who is
the chief artistic director for Ulta Beauty. Hey, everyone,
I'm Nick Stenson. I'm here to take you
through some tips and tricks on how to get beachy waves, along with maintaining
healthy hair.

You really want to maintain
the natural oils that's in the hair
in between your shampoos, so if you're feeling like it's getting a little
oily at the base, that's where dry shampoos and
conditioners are really great. We're gonna go in
and create the beachy wave. I'm gonna begin
with this newer product out. This is the Matrix
Style Link Airy Builder.

It's a dry texturizing foam. It's gonna come out
like a mousse. I'm gonna apply
a little to my fingertips, emulsify it in and
work it through on dry hair. What I love about this is it's
gonna protect the hair again, but it's also gonna allow me
to get a nice hold without any stickiness
in the hair, so you're gonna be able
to brush right through it, run your hands through it
all day long.

So now that we've worked
the product through her hair, we want to take
small vertical sections and really isolate the hair, and I'm gonna use
this new Hot Tools Curl Bar. I actually love this, because you no longer have
to go all the way upside down when you're curling
your own hair. You just take it in parallel to the shape
that you want the hair, curl it around, keep the ends of your hair
in your fingers, and then drop it down. So as I'm wrapping around,
I'm also gonna hold it for about 20 seconds
around the barrel, drop it out.
If you want a tighter curl, you can even drop it in
your hands and collapse it.

Let it cool
in your fingers, and then pull it out. Of if you want a weaker,
kind of more tously curl, you could just drop it down
and let it cool while it hangs. All right, now that we've
finished the curl technique, all the way around the head,
we want to break up those curls. Girls, do not leave the house
with the curls in place.

Break them up.
My favorite product to do so is the Texture Builder
by Style Link. This is a Matrix product
and what I love about this is you can just kind of
take your hair, spray it in,
and loosen up that curl. You can even toss it back,
all the way back... Spray it in, spray a little
into your hands, even.

Make it a part, and put those curls
where you want. There you go. I hope you enjoyed my tips
on how to achieve and maintain beautiful skin,
and don't forget those extra steps on how
to look like a celebrity. And don't forget the hair.

Shampoo and condition
two to three times a week. Use a dry shampoo
in between, and don't forget
professional products in between your blow-outs
to get this beautiful look. - Thanks for watching.
- We'll see you soon..

Skincare & Haircare Tips from Demi Lovato's Beauty Team

No comments:

Post a Comment