Saturday, August 18, 2018

MY NIGHT TIME SKIN CARE ROUTINE!



Hi guys! So for today's video I'm gonna be doing a
night time skin care routine. This video was highly requested and I just
wanna start of the video by saying that I. Am no expert in skin care or dermatology or
anything like that. I'm actually trying out a lot of the new products
recently and implementing more regimented skin care routine.

So I'm just gonna be talking about some of
the things that I tried out recently and have liked. Some of the products I have used for years
and have loved recommend. Some of the products I'm still new to and
trying to see if it works out with my skin. So I have already taken off my makeup and
have cleansed my skin.

To take off my makeup, I like to use this. This is the estee lauder advanced micro cleansing
balm but really any of the other cleansing balms will work. It's like a solid like this and you kinda
put it on your face and it melts your makeup away and it's really good for a lot of really
stubborn makeup like mascara or eyeliner and things like that. So I have been using this for a few years
and I really recommend this product.

A lot of the other brands also have this product
in different names and form. Clinique has one and I'm pretty sure a lot
of the drug store brands also have them as well. So I definitely recommend this balm-style
makeup remover. After I remove my makeup, I still use another
cleanser.

The one that I've been using is this Glossier
Milky Jelly Cleanser but I've also used this drunk elephant jelly cleanser as well. This one I keep in the shower and this one
I keep by the sink. So I kinda alternate using both products depending
on where I'm taking off my makeup. After taking off the makeup I use this herbivore
jasmine green tee toner.

So I just spray it into my face. Like this. I think for toners, you can wipe it off. I usually just kinda tap it into my skin.

For me a big plus for skin care items is really
minimizing the steps. So I really like this product because you
can spray it into face. You don't have to get like a cotton ball and
get the product out and put it on your face. It's really to spray it on to your face.

I like this product a lot. It does have a scent to it that you might
not like. It smells a little medicine-y. I don't mind it but you might if you're sensitive
to these types of scents.

So keep that in mind. Again, it's herbivore jasmine green tea balancing
toner. For serums, there are a couple that I've been
using. This one is from Drunk Elephant.

It's called tlc framboos glycolic night serum. It has a combination of AHA and BHA blend. That stands for alpha hydroxy acid and beta
hydroxy acid. I'm using this as part of a trial kit.

This is really small. It came with another night time oil that you
can use but I've been using this mostly. It's really gentle on the skin and it hasn't
irritated my skin at all. So I like it so far.

Another thing I'm using is this dr. Brandt
retinol cream complex serum. I believe this is a time release. So the active ingredient--the retinol is going
to be released over night so I've been using this also...

Also something to note about retinol is...
It does make your skin a little more sensitive to sunlight so you have to wear sunscreen
during the day but you should be doing that anyway so I wear this at night and I wear
sunscreen during the day. After these serums, I use moisturizers. The one that I'm trying is this drunk elephant
lala retro whipped cream moisturizer which is very creamy and it melts into your skin
really nicely. I got these nail tips put in for my vacation
because I don't have to work in the hospital.

If you work in the hospital you can't have
these long nails. I think they look really nice but I've never
realized how hard they make your life... Like putting on creams.. They get stuck under your
nails or whatever but they do look nice.

Another moisturizer that I've used in the
past that I've liked is this Glossier priming moisturizer. It's very light but they do say it's a buildable
hydrating cream so you can use it multiple layers if you feel like you need more hydration. Usually I use it during the day but sometimes
I use it at night and I'll usually double up on the layer. They do have a richer version of this that's
available on their website which I've never tried so I'm not sure if it's going to agree
with my skin.

I do have pretty sensitive skin so if something
is really rich, I do break out or I get red or something like that and this hasn't done
that to my skin so I'm sticking with this one. Last but not least, I use a plain vaseline. I put some Glossier stickers on it. For my lips, I found this to be the most effective
for keeping my lips moisturized and prevent them from cracking.

Basically, this is like the basic night time
skin care routine. I have been trying a few masks, so I'm gonna
talk a little about them. The first one is this one from herbivore blue
tansy. I believe this has a higher concentration
of AHA and BHA.

It's a resurfacing clarify mask. So when you put it on, it does tingle a little
a bit and there is a slight sensation of burning which is normal and you put it on for about
20 to 30 minutes and then you wash it off. As far as resurfacing mask go, I feel like
this one is on the gentler side. There are other mask out there with higher
concentration of AHA/BHA and that can be a little more irritated to your skin.

So I think this is a good beginner resurfacing
mask if you're looking to try. So I picked this up a few weeks ago. I have been trying it a couple times a week
and I like it so far. The next mask I have is this one from farmacy
it's called the honey potion renewing antioxidant hydration mask.

Honey is supposed to be really moisturizing
for your skin, it has a very nice honey-link consistency if you look inside. When you put it in your face it turns into
a white cream and then it warms up a little bit. I used it for the first time after my half
marathon and sometimes in the winter my skin gets really dry. I like it a lot.

This mask is something that I've used over
four years. It's a korean brand and the name is sulwhasoo
and the name of the product is yayunpak and in English it's called overnight vitalizing
mask. It's something you put on at night like a
moisturizing cream but it's an overnight mask that you wash off in the morning. I remember the first time I used it and I
washed it off in the morning my skin felt really different and I really liked it and
it's very gentle, it feels like a moisturizer, it doesn't get sticky, it doesn't tingle,
it doesn't burn, I really really like this product and I've been using it for years and
years.

I do believe it's available in America as
well. That is all the skin care products for my
night time skin care routine. Obviously, I try my best to keep up with a
routine and take care of my skin but I don't always get to perfectly but this is my goal
routine. I try to do the basics every night because
it's really important to care for skin while you're still young so I try to do that and
hopefully it was interesting and or helpful.

Let me know what you guys think. Let me know if you guys have tried out any
of this products or if you guys have any recommendations. I would love to hear about them and read about
them so I will see you in the next video. BYE!!.

MY NIGHT TIME SKIN CARE ROUTINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment