Saturday, March 17, 2018

I Tested 10 Step Korean Skincare Routine for 10 DaysLiah Yoo Skincare Routine



Hey y'all! Today I'm sharing this 10 step Korean skincare routine that seems to be going quite crazy here and there and also I tried it out for 10 days to see if there's any results and show you guys is this routine really worth it So let's get started First of course got to remove that makeup. I actually applied makeup just to remove it for you guys hahaha anyways Koreans are quite big in using cleansing oils or cleansing balms to put down the makeup A common misconception is that cleansing oil can cause acne and this is totally not true. Oil alone does not cause acne and the sebum your skin naturally creates is there to protect and heal it so Don't ever fall into those oil free product gimmicks I really love oil cleanser because it just dissolves makeup in no time without leaving any residues while leaving your skin really moisturised. I'm sure many of you guys are now very aware of that double cleansing method that a lot of Korean women live by.

I don't know a single friend to be honest who wear makeup and just skip the double cleansing method I highly recommend this routine and, as Koreans are very very anal about skincare in general but when it comes to cleansing we just become really really anal haha Incorporating another water-based cleanser, AKA foam cleansers, can remove any residues or impurities. I recommend you guys to go for the one that has (a) low pH level, so it doesn't strip your skin out My favourite step! (The) exfoliating step is often overlooked but it's something a lot of skin care junkies would never ever mhm girl skip out because it is the key to that smooth and glowing skin Exfoliating pads or chemical exfoliators are becoming a massive trend in Korea People are slowly shifting from the physical exfoliators that can be a little abrasive and irritating at times to these pre-soaked exfoliating cotton pads or just desposible puffs These normally contain chemical exfoliants such as HA (Hydroxy Acids) PHA (Poly Hydroxy Acids) which chemically removes the dead skin cells it's not only milder to use but it's also a exfoliating process so much more easier and enjoyable Toner. Oh! Toner. In many Western countries I believe toner is perceived as astringents or something alka (alkaline) based to wipe your face out But in Korea toner is more considered as a bridge in between cleansing and your actual skin care regime It helps (in) balancing your skin's pH level and preps your skin to absorb the following products way way way better A lot of essences (in) Korea come in a lot of fluid, watery consistency and we call these boosting essence or just boosters or water essence I've gone through so many, like, numerous bottles of boosting essence from multiple brands over the years And I really believe it not only hydrates your skin, but also refines, resurfaces and also just softens and smoothes into your skin texture It's amazing guys If I only had one skin care product to invest in it would definitely be a serum.

Serums are the highlight of your skincare regime and the most potent and concentrated treatment that actually works to treat whatever skin issues or skin concerns you want to target. Think other steps of skincare routine as a hydrating treatment But with serums you can actually really experiment and get the most out of it when you have specific skin concerns. I want to fade these acne scars at the moment and discolorations, so I'm investing in a lot of brightening serums at the moment. We all know the importance of eye cream because mom told you so and moms are always right You better just listen to her haha but yeah, it's the category that we most neglect to actually apply it.

But remember the eye area is the most delicate skin on your entire face. Meaning that it'll be the first part to show ageing, wrinkles and everything. So nourish the hell out of it! You wouldn't go a day without drinking water, right? Well, you shouldn't go a day without moisturising too. Moisturising is crucial to treating all types of skins out there, whether you have dry skin, oily skin, acne prone skin or aged skin.

Hydration is a must. Also by moisturising you're helping the skin cells to rapidly repair themselves and turn over fresh cells. Which means huge anti-ageing benefits are down the road! Also don't you just like the bounciness of your skin after applying a moisturiser? Because *what kind of sound is this? Like lip smacking?* I mean I do... Now this is where you can have some fun in your skincare routine! Masking is my daily ritual, my meditation to feed my soul.

(Kinda weird way of putting it but okay) One of the biggest trends in Korea that's going on at the moment is the one mask a day to achieve that naturally healthy, beaming, glowing, radiant skin and I find my makeup just applies way smoother in the following morning so I believe it works by the way, I was snapchatting here so you can follow me there, if you want to, totally up to you But I would... ...Appreciate if you guys do to see my daily life, like me masking *adorable chuckle* besides sheet masks I love peel-off masks, wash off types and also sleeping masks too. Koreans grow up with sunscreen we are educated that UV rays are the most harmful factor in ageing your skin and I find it really really funny though whenever I go travel and visit the beaches I can spot any Koreans or Asians just slathering on heaps of sunscreens all over their body with a big hat or a visor Whereas everyone else is just rubbing tanning oils and even getting almost naked to soak up the sunlight So did my skin improve over the last 10 days? Well have a look! I started this routine out with a red, blotchy and quite irritated skin with a lot of pimples around my jawline and cheeks another issue I had was uneven skin tone because of my (the) discoloration I had I didn't really notice any difference for the very first few days to be honest but things started to change from day six my pimples started to fade and my skin looked a lot clearer and quite even Overall the best improvement is probably the skin texture my skin felt really really soft and smooth and quite moisturised, hydrated and very very glowy (sooooo much better than mine tbh I have so many moles on my skin OwO) (you could say its a GLOW up) (look at that beauty!!) (HHHHH TEACH ME YOUR WAYS) Now a lot of you guys might be wondering is this extensive routine really worth it? To be frank it wouldn't improve your skin overnight it's not really a magical and miraculous prescription that suits everyone's routine and everyone's skin And it is quite a lot to do this every single day for busy and lazy girls like us I mean aren't we all? However I have been sticking to this routine on and off for a couple of months now with some tweaks Realistically I would suggest you guys to either use a toner or an essence then layer on the serum, and jump into a moisturiser right away Sheet masks and exfoliations can be done twice a week or more depending on your time preference or skin condition and your skin will still see results don't forget to subscribe if you found this video helpful Let me know your favorite skincare products below. Thanks for watching and I'll see you guys later.

Bye Byeeee... Bye!.

I Tested 10 Step Korean Skincare Routine for 10 DaysLiah Yoo Skincare Routine

No comments:

Post a Comment