Saturday, July 14, 2018

My 2018 Beauty & Skincare EmptiesBeauty With MiRefinery29



Hey guys, it's Mi-Anne,
and this is Beauty With Mi. I have a different video today. I'm going to do an empties video
where I'm going to show you everything that I've been collecting
for the past six months. To the average beauty consumer, it might not
seem like that much stuff, but...

Trust me when I say that my job
is to test new makeup, so if I finish it up, it means
I really liked it. And I'm gonna share it with you guys. But before I start showing you guys what is
in the contents of this bag, please make sure you are subscribed down
below, little red button. As per usual, Beauty With Mi comes
out every Monday at 11AM.

I actually end up testing a lot more makeup
than I do, like, hair and skin, so I don't have a ton of makeup empties, but
I will show you what I do have. So, the first up is this mascara. It's the Catrice Glamour Doll
waterproof mascara. I really like Catrice mascaras, especially
the ones that have the silicon brush tips.

It's really easy to get
between your eyelashes. It really volumizes, and it also
defines pretty well. So, next up, is this one. This is a mascara from a Korean
brand called "Etude House." And it's called the
Curl Fix mascara.

It doesn't say it's waterproof,
I don't think... But it is. I'm embarrassed to say I've
had this for maybe a year, so I kind of finally decided to retire it. It's actually one of my
favorite mascaras.

The brush has an
interesting comb. On one side, it's very,
very short bristles. And on the other side,
they're very long. I like to use the short side for my bottom
eyelashes, and then the long side for my top.

But then for like, detail shots, I'll twist
it over and use the shorter bristles. And it can give you like, the prettiest like,
eye-opening effect, holds a curl really well. This eyeliner from W3LL PEOPLE. This one kind of dried up on me I think because
I didn't really close it all the way...

The formula is good, it's not the
most like, water-resistant. It's from W3LL PEOPLE, which
is a very green brand. It's not every day you find like, a pretty
decent liquid liner in that kind of arena. I think that the brush is a little bit on
the nubby like, thick side.

I think it would be a little bit easier to
do like, precise work if it was slightly thinner. This is the Jouer lip creme
in Frais Bonbon. This is a liquid lipstick that I've had
for a really long time. Like, maybe 2, almost 3 years, and it dried
out because I didn't screw the cap on.

It is a beautiful liquid lipstick. It's really good. I highly recommend
this line from Jouer. This one actually applies quite thin on the
lips, so it doesn't feel crusty or cakey on, and it has a really
great color selection.

So, this is my Beauty Blender Bubble. The like, light pink one
that came out. I mean, I love Beauty Blenders, who doesn't,
but this one was actually really, really soft. Like, the Beauty Blender is soft...

But this one's like, softer. And then I dropped it. In the bathroom. Of a hotel.

I was just like... Gross. I have been using this Dermablend Makeup Dissolver,
which really cuts through waterproof makeup like... Fast.

I will say it does sting just a little bit,
but it works so quickly that I was willing to overlook that. This is a lab sample, so it's
not the final packaging. This is the IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Makeup Melting
Cleansing Balm, and this is really good. It also cuts through waterproof
makeup really fast.

This one doesn't sting, but it is in a balm,
so it's like, less conducive for travel. So, after I cleanse with the oily makeup removers,
I always double-cleanse with some sort of cleanser, and I finished  finally  my
Glossier Milky Jelly cleanser. It was sitting in my shower,
and it's really nasty now. I did finish all of it.

I really liked it. It has like, a kind of bouncy gel texture
that feels really nice on. It smells like roses because
it has rosewater in it. If you guys have been watching the show for
a while, you might know that I went to Rene Rouleau who's an aesthetician to
get a facial from her in December.

She gave me a bunch of product after the facial,
and I've been using it pretty much since then. And this is one of my favorites, it's the
Pore and Wrinkle Perfecting serum. It has a bunch of acids in it, so it's really
great at like, evening out skin tone. It helps with like, acne and like
whiteheads and stuff like that.

It doesn't make my skin irritated. It's very gentle. The Anti-cyst Treatment. So this, I love.

This is a serum that specifically targets
like, cyst-like breakouts, and that's like, the types of breakouts that are like,
under the skin and they hurt. I don't know how this thing
works, but it does. It just like, cuts down the healing
time of my cysts basically. So, I have one more acne product, and that
is the Dr.

Pimple Popper acne spot treatment from SLMD, so that's actually
Dr. Pimple Popper's skincare line, and it stands for
Sandra Lee MD. This is her acne spot treatment, it's 2% salicylic
acid, and it comes out in a little roller ball that makes it really easy to just
like, kind of slap onto a zit. I kept this in my bedside table.

Does this happen to you? Because like... I feel like every time I'm like, about to
drift off to sleep, and I touch my face, and I'm like,
I have a pimple! And you don't wanna like, get out of bed to
like, get your pimple cream, so I just keep this in my bedside table for those moments when
I don't want to get up, and then I put it on and I go to sleep. This is the Farmacy Green Screen
SPF 30 sunscreen. This is probably my
favorite facial sunscreen.

It feels like moisturizer. It's super lightweight. The active ingredients in this are titanium
dioxide and zinc oxide, so it doesn't have any of the harmful coral-killing ingredients
in it that a lot of sunscreens do. It's not greasy, it layers
well under makeup.

I love it. This is the Burt's Bees
mango moisturizing lip balm. Used it all up, scraped it
at the bottom over here. It smells really good.

I am a Burt's Bees lip balm fan for life. I love the original lip balm specifically
because it goes on matte, and I like that because you can put it on before lipstick
and it won't compromise the finish. These like, kind of flavored ones of the Burt's
Bees line, they're a little bit on the shiny side, so they're not as good for that. But if I were to choose, I would just
always go for the original.

I love the original. So, the next lip product is the
Bite Agave Lip Mask. Now, this is a thick lip mask. It's a lip mask, but I pretty much
just use it as a lip balm.

It's very hydrating, it's very thick, so I
only use this at night. It's great for the winter. I actually used this up I think in February,
so it did see me through the entire winter season. It lasts forever, too.

Alright, so, on to hair. I've been using this Oribe Mask for Beautiful
Color pretty much since I got my hair colored in January. Smells really, really, really good. Made my hair super soft.

So, next up, I have this
pomade from Fatboy. It's called the Sea Salt Pomade, and I used
like most of it, and then, it kind of dried out toward the end. But, it's basically a kind of gritty pomade
that you would get onto your hands, I'd get it on my hands, and then I would use it through
the mid lengths and ends of my hair to kind of fluff it out and give it a little bit
of piece-y texture. It's really, really nice.

It has a matte finish, so it doesn't
look too shiny in the hair. It smells really good. And last but not least, potentially the
most boring part of the video... Deodorant! I've gone through two deodorants.

The first of which is this one from Ursa Major,
it's called the Hoppin' Fresh deodorant. It's 100% natural, has no aluminum
and that sort of thing. If you guys watched my deodorant testing video,
you know that I don't sweat that much, I don't smell that much, so I do find just a regular
deodorant and not an anti-perspirant is fine just to use every day. This one's really nice, it smells
kind of Eucalyptus-y.

It is a little bit on the drier side, so when
you put it on your armpits, you do kind of have to rub a bit so it warms up, but then
it totally applies easily, and it's fine. And the next one is this one from,
I think it's spelled, "AER." AER. It's called the Next Level deodorant. And it's by Vapour,
Vapour Organic Beauty.

And it comes up in a little
twisty thing like this. You twist this knob and the little
product comes out of here. This has been my kind of
more spring deodorant. It does control odor pretty
well, I would say.

It's also aluminum free. It's also pretty natural. The one thing I don't
love about it is... The package kind of leaks a bit because it's
kind of more of an oily formula.

And that's it! Does anyone else feel really accomplished
when you finish a product? When you like, do the last pump of a
cleanser or something, it's like... It's like, closing a book after
you finished it. You're ending that chapter
of your beauty life. Am I the only one
that feels that way? If you feel that way, let me
know in the comments.

But, yeah! That's it! I hope you guys enjoyed this. I hope that it gives you an idea of
like, what I've been liking. Let me know in the comments below what you
guys have finished up recently, or if there's anything I should try. You know I'm always looking
for new things.

And I will catch you
guys next week. Bye! Thanks so much for
watching, guys. Let me know what you want to see next on Beauty
With Mi in the comments down below, and click here to subscribe to Refinery29, and click here to watch another video. Bye!.

My 2018 Beauty & Skincare EmptiesBeauty With MiRefinery29

No comments:

Post a Comment